Friday, July 14, 2023

FLASH FICTION CONTEST #4

Toad: why are you so slimy?
Salamander: I don’t know. Why are you so bumpy and rough?
Toad: I was just born that way.
Salamander: exactly and I was born slimy.
Toad: ok well what type of Salamander are you?
Salamander: what type of toad are you?
Toad: a natterjack toad. And you still haven't told me what type of Salamander you are.
Salamander: I never said I was going to tell you.
Toad: so I told you what type of toad I am for nothing?
Salamander: yeah pretty much.
Toad: so you tricked me?
Salamander: yep.
Toad: I was so dumb to think that you were going to tell me.
Salamander: yes you were. Do you know what it means to call someone slimy?
Toad: no.
Salamander: of course you don’t. Calling someone slimy basically means that they are a trickster.
Toad: oh. Well in that case you are slimy.
Salamander: slimy as in texture or slimy as in sneaky?
Toad: Does it really matter your kind of both. Oh sorry did I say kind of I meant to say you ARE both.
Salamander: >:-)
Toad: what does that mean?!? Salamander, SALAMANDER?!?
Salamander: you're about to find out, and when you do your last words will be…
Toad: w-w-what will my last words be.
Toad: ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

2 comments: