Thursday, July 13, 2023

Poem of Books, Poem of Poems by LB and CA

Books come in all shapes and sizes
On every page there are new surprises
Sit there and read as time flies.
But cry if the main character dies.
Ever book has a different story
But the horror ones are very gory
Fairy tales are cute and small
And Matilda was made by Roald Dahl.
There are some that are quite rotten, really...
And some are good as fantasy!
So go on and give a cheer
To medieval ones with lots of deer!

[The above poem has been edited by the owner of this site for under 18 appropriateness]


I decided to write a poem of poems
Which is honestly quite nice in theory
My teachers don’t like it, I discovered
And parents don’t either.
But they say to put your
“Heart and soul into it”
and that can only be achieved with a poem of poems, obviously.
For me, at least.
It’s all my feelings in one place.
You’re like a “rebel” if you write a poem of poems.
Like you're trying to go against all that your teachers said.
No, I’m not trying to be funny,
Why did all the kids laugh?
I’m simply writing a poem of poems!

No comments:

Post a Comment